Monday, August 26, 2019

Empty House

We entered a house so empty,
nothing hanging on the wall-
no furniture there, floors were bare,
and echos down every hall.

Placed our possessions within,
ourselves and all that we own-
a husband and wife, with loving and life,
the house turned into a home.

The time changed into memories,
the days and weeks into years-
that special space was a magical place,
filled with laughter and tears.

Then one day we left forever,
to a home on another road.
We left it behind knowing we'd find
another delightful abode.

Thinking back on that old house,
recalling the blessings again,
it's now plain to see every memory
was the living of life within.

The house itself wasn't special,
but the life we lived inside-
homes with love, blessed from above,
are a special place to abide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forgive me Lord

Forgive me Lord for sins long past, and those for which I haven't asked. Forgive me when I neglect to pray; instead, desiring my own way...